Wednesday, September 26, 2007

HIS WILL BE DONE!

This past Saturday was the Yorishima elementary school Sports festival, so we weren't able to meet with the kids. We visited the festival and enjoyed seeing the kids doing their relay races and make a human pyramid!
On Sunday I was able to venture down to Hiroshima and visit Lee sensei and his church. I met Lee sensei a couple of months ago at a Christian gathering. He has invited me to teach a combination Sunday School/English class beginning October 7th. In addition we will be preparing a Christmas program with the children. The church is active in the community and is seeking to expand its outreach services with things like English classes, etc. Fortunately, Lee sensei has been able to establish relationships with the parents of the children so there is potential to reach many. For me, this may be an answer to prayer since I have been praying about what to do next and Lee sensei would like to get a Gospel based English program started. If all goes well, I will probably get transferred to Hiroshima after this school year in March and establish a new post. God's will be done.

No comments: