Saturday, September 8, 2007

Little Drummer Boy (take 2)

GESTURE GAME (in action!)
Nagisa, Yuki, Youka, Mana Naotoka, Nanako, and Yu came to Joy Time. Praise the Lord! We continued with our rehearsal of Little Drummer Boy for the Christmas program and then Setsuko told the story of song again. Although Christmas is a while away, we are hoping they will learn a few different songs. Hence, the earlier they learn them the better. During the story time the kids were quick to shout out things like "Jesus" and "God" (in Japanese) which meant they were following the story. Even when we were finished singing, some of the kids were humming the melody of Little Drummer Boy... I smiled inside as I noticed them. Toward the end we enjoyed playing an English gesture game where the students form a line and gesture an animal or an object the person in front of them until it reaches the front of the line whereupon the person in front says the name of the gestured object in English.

JUST WANTED TO PRAISE THE LORD FOR HIS FAITHFULNESS AND GUIDANCE.
I have been seeking the Lord about what is next, what I ought to be preparing for and He has made it clear that it is time to wait upon Him, (which means "chill out" and be here in Japan). Could be for a short time, could be for a while. Through this understanding, the Lord has been blessing my study of the Japanese language, thus I have started studying to take the level 4 Japanese Language Proficiency Test in December. It is only the beginning level for Japanese proficiency, but it is a step closer to fluency. There are 4 levels; 1 being the highest and 4 the lowest, (level 3 is daily conversation). Perhaps the following year, God willing, I will be able to pass level 3. Why is all of this important? Well, it is important because one of the verses that the Lord continues to place upon my heart is 1Cor. 9:22, where Paul wrote, "...I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some." Hence, learning Japanese is essential to reaching the Japanese people. Therefore, the Lord is encouraging me to be, "all things (Japanese) to all men (Japanese people), that I might by all means save some (Japanese people)."

No comments: