Monday, October 22, 2007

God Is Working

This past Saturday there was another festival for the kids in Yorishima so Youka and Yu came a little early for a short time (before I showed up) and Setsuko was able to hang out them. They read the story of Jonah and the whale and then they did a puzzle based on the story. I showed up just as they were finishing the puzzle and then they left shortly afterward. Then, Nagisa showed up with her new English game. We helped her study the new vocabulary from the game and then it was time to go. Overall, it was nice to see the children's willingness to come, even when they didn't have a lot of time. It is particularly encouraging because I know that it means that the Lord is working among us. His will be done.

PRAY FOR NIIMI
Recently I have felt a burden to pray for Niimi, the city where I work and live during the week. As a result, I have begun nightly prayer walks around the city. I believe that the Lord has placed me in Niimi for a reason and as a result I believe it is time to pray for this city in mountains, that the people may be saved. "And should not I spare Nineveh, that great city, wherein are more than sixscore thousand persons that cannot discern between their right hand and their left hand; and [also] much cattle?" (Jonah 4:11)

2 comments:

Zoe@WelcometomyMother'Hood said...

Hey there Tyler. It's Zoe! I found your page on Lena and Brenton's blog. Sam and I started one of our own too. He will be so excited to read yours. May I add you too our's? Let me know. Hope your travels were restful and you are missed! Love ZO

Tyler Barrett said...

Hey Zoe! Great to hear from you! I just looked at your blog...when I saw you all it brought me back to the time I visited (I'm smiling!) Oh yeah, feel free to add me to yours...Praying for you guys and I hope your move back to Monterey goes well...In Jesus, Tyler