Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Cast your nets to the right side..."

Alright, I am back from a nice summer spent in the U.S. It is very hot and humid here. This past Saturday we got together with the Yorishima kids as usual. It was nice to see them again after having been gone for a few weeks. We continued in our usual way; songs, English lessons, and Bible stories. We took a new approach with the Bible story this time, instead of Setsuko reading and the kids listening, I read and they helped me read when I had trouble. The Lord has put it on my heart to learn Japanese so that I can be as Paul wrote, "...all things to all men." So, it seems this interactive approach to reading Japanese Bible children's stories is good for everyone. Today's story was from John 21, about when Jesus told His disciples to throw their nets back into the water after they had fished all night and caught nothing. When they obeyed, they caught many fish. In summary, we told the kids that when Jesus tells to you do something and you obey, you will be blessed in some way. I have come to see that "Joy Time" has become somewhat of a hang out time, and the kids don't really care about the formality of the lessons. They just like being together.

No comments: