Monday, August 20, 2007

You Are Loved...Precious Ones!


Updated by Setsuko

This week was extremely hot in Japan. It was record-breaking! Despite the fact of this hot weather, kids came back! Youka&Yuki, Mana&Nao, and Nagisa. I have a chance to talk to Youka and Yuki's grandparents, yesterday, and they said they enjoy coming to Joy Time, Praise the Lord. It is yet a small gathering, but it is very important for my home town. There is no Christian church in my home town. God saved me for reasons. He knew that I will be here to share His love a long before I was born. At Sunday service this week, Pastor Mori spoke about Esther. The famous verse from the book, "...Such a time as this..." in 4:14 vividly came upon on my heart. There is a clear purpose of my life in God. The good news has come to the town. For this reason, I am still living, living for Jesus. Even though I am facing some difficulties of my life in Japan, God is encouraging me to stand up.

This week, I started with songs. We sung "You Are Loved" in Japanese. After the song, I shared how much God loves them. They like the song, but I hope that they get the message within the song. On August 28&29, Tyler and I are planning "Vacation Bible School in Yorishima Town". I made flyer last week and handed it to Children. Please pray for VBS. It may be the first VBS in this town. There is no story time today, but I explained about what is the Bible. Since VBS flyer has a word "Bible", and no one knew what that means, I wanted to explain the Bible. I also told them that the stories that I told them in past weeks were from the Bible. I also did survey game called, "Who is a good boy/girl?" I challenged them with some of "Ten commandment" questions. For instance, "Have you ever told a lie?" They were so honest and there was not anyone who think herself/himself is a good person. They want to know the answer why they are not good. I told them "Come to VBS!" They are ready!

Please continously pray for the precious ones.

No comments: