Saturday, August 4, 2007

The Story of Jonah, Summer Specials!




Reported by Setsuko:


Our usual time on Saturday morning, God brought children again, Praise the Lord. There were three set of sisters(one brother);Youka and Yuki, Mana and Naotaka, Miwa and Rino (new comers). I started with our usual song, Good Morning, How are you... I have a new elec. piano, so I used it for backing up our singing. It took them a while to warm up. They did not start singing until 3rd time round. God encouraged me to continue. I am still doing review of English lesson. This week again, animal. They love to remember the name of the animals. In last week Joy Time, they picked the animal flash cards that they know. I added more animals this week for them to remember. Then, find me... game. This week is getting harder for them because more number of animals. I called the name of the animal, and they pick it the right one. I even called the name of the animals which were not not limited the ones they chose, so they tried to listen to me carefully to get the right ones. They enjoyed a lot.


Summer Special (part 1)


We Skyped (Internet Phone) to Tyler during Joy Time. Children miss him. They often asked me when he will be coming back. They were so interested in hearing Tyler's voice through my computer. Our new friends introduced themselves on the phone, and we also sung the usual "morning song" to him. It was precious moment for all of us. Thank God for the technology we have!


For story time, I read the story of Jonah again. Last time, I only read the story to Youka, so decided to read the same story again with all of them. I also explained to our new friends that I always read the Bible story at Joy Time. I stopped the story after Jonah got to Nineveh, so I am planning to conclude the story next time.




Summer Special (part 2)


I prepared Snow Cone Parlor. I got a shaved-ice machine and some flavours, and let them try making Snow Cone. It is very fun to make it and cools them off in the summer heat. They loved it so much, so I should try it again. After eating the snow cone, Youka asked me why dog is made so cute. I told her, "God made the dog so cute, Youka." I continued, " God made you so special, too, Youka." Then she asked me "Where is God?" I told her, "God is within my heart." She replied me with very cute answer. She said, " I go find him taking airplane." Her God is still far away from where she is now, yet she started to quest for the truth. I usually walk back to Youka's house together, so on the way back to my house, I prayed her and other children who came to Joy Time, today. Thank you, Jesus!


2 comments:

Andrew Vogel said...

Setsuko-san, you're doing a great job! Hearing even the little things are encouraging. Plus, the snow cones look great!

Tyler Barrett said...

thank you for your comment. please pray for the children we have.