Saturday, August 11, 2007

Summer is not over yet...


Updated by Setsuko

For this week Joy Time, we have Youka and Yuki, Mana and Naotaka, and Nagisa came back. Children seem to enjoy coming to my place to hang out.Today's lesson was the new one. I brought Math Lesson in English. I presented number cards, plus, minus, and equal cards. They picked up the numbers and signs to showed me, and then said the equation in English. It was a quite advance for the first grader, but Youka (1st grade) used to learn English and she is good at, so everyone enjoyed. "Three plus two equal five!" Kids were very interested in doing the new lesson. They were so creative bringing numbers to match.

We tried the new song called "kimi wa ai sareru tameni umareta" In English, "You are Loved". Since I have piano, I can teach some songs, yet my piano is not really good. Kids love to sing and they requested song time twice the day.

Then, we called Tyler again through Skype. Everyone called him, "Tyler Sensei" (sensei means teacher in Japanese) When I told them, what would you like to do next? Would you like to talk to Tyler? Their eyes were shining, and responded "YES!!!!" They miss him... After they have talked on the PC phone, I showed the place where Tyler is in now on the map. Country side kids are becoming more international!!!

Today's Bible Story was continuous story of Jonah. I read the summary of Chapter 4 of Jonah. There are ways to understand how the story ends in the book, but I included the powerful God could do anything before our eyes. God provide anything and take it away. Children were not interested in listening to the story because I did not have a visual thing to present. Next time, I will prepare something that catches their eyes while I talk. Thank God for this learning experience through Joy Time.


We enjoyed Snow Cone Parlor again. While they have snow cone, they are so quiet! The ice freezes brain, hehehe! It is still hot in Japan, and they really enjoy the cool treat!


I am not sure how God is leading me for this, but week by week, the precious kids and I have more bonding as friends. Besides the Bible Story time, they are willing to learn English. I am asking God for the help. I am not quite comfortable doing all this by myself. It is hard for giving up the hope of this ministry, but this is definitely a battle field here, and tell you the truth it is really hard for me to survive here alone. Joy of the Lord is my strengths... I know it, but I am experiencing weakness lately.

No comments: